Patriot Action

Full Version: Javior Vinos comment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From HERE

I’m afraid I must disagree with the Manhattan Contrarian. The affirmationists (those that believe in something without evidence) completely dominate the public scene while the negationists (those that refuse to believe in something without evidence) are censored, ignored, and canceled. Most of the greatest scientists of the past were negationists, like Galileo, who denied the Earth was the center of the Universe, and Darwin, who denied that humans had been created by God. And many of them had to face hardships from the affirmationists of the time for being negationists.

The goal of the affirmationists was to justify certain policies, and those policies are being implemented, to the point physical reality and the economy allow, without many protestations (until now).

Most people in the world, including most scientists, are now convinced that:

The climate is changing faster than ever
Climate change is becoming dangerous
It is our fault

That looks like a victory to me, even if we refuse to surrender. In the end, affirmationists always lose because science cannot advance on false premises. But their goal is not to be right in the end but to control power and money now. When the CO2 hypothesis starts running aground they’ll invent something else.
(12-01-22, 05:29 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]From HERE

I’m afraid I must disagree with the Manhattan Contrarian. The affirmationists (those that believe in something without evidence) completely dominate the public scene while the negationists (those that refuse to believe in something without evidence) are censored, ignored, and canceled. Most of the greatest scientists of the past were negationists, like Galileo, who denied the Earth was the center of the Universe, and Darwin, who denied that humans had been created by God. And many of them had to face hardships from the affirmationists of the time for being negationists.

The goal of the affirmationists was to justify certain policies, and those policies are being implemented, to the point physical reality and the economy allow, without many protestations (until now).

Most people in the world, including most scientists, are now convinced that:

The climate is changing faster than ever
Climate change is becoming dangerous
It is our fault

That looks like a victory to me, even if we refuse to surrender. In the end, affirmationists always lose because science cannot advance on false premises. But their goal is not to be right in the end but to control power and money now. When the CO2 hypothesis starts running aground they’ll invent something else.

Methane is the new boogieman...  And just like CO2 it has no ability to do what they say it does..